Old May 30th 10, 02:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
K1TTT K1TTT is offline

Default W2DU's Reflections III is now available from CQ Communication...

On May 30, 12:32*am, Richard Clark wrote:
On Sat, 29 May 2010 16:58:52 -0700 (PDT), walt wrote:
I'll be back with you as soon as I'm ready.

Hi Walt,

Thank you for keeping in touch. *Others have asked for copies and will
be reading in tandem with you. *Perhaps questions about it, or where
the heat comes from will arrive in your pause.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

does it really matter what the mechanism of generating the heat is?
the fact that there is heat generated in the plate means there is
energy lost from the electrons, be it due to impinging on the plate
mechanically or due to the metal resistance it is still a loss of
energy. And since there is more heat when there is more plate current
we can model it as a real resistance. The only question is then, is
it linear or not. that should be a 'relatively' simple measurement,
and one that has likely been done by a researcher somewhere along the
line.