Old May 30th 10, 09:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default OT- To all ...

On 2010-05-30, wrote:

Thanks. However, this 'holiday' is not Veterans Day, but rather the Memorial
Day 'holiday', when we honour those who gave their lives in service to our
Country.

Veterans Day is November 11.

People "who gave their lives in service to our country" were what?
Not veterans cuz they didn't survive!? Might be, but the fact they
didn't survive means little in the big picture and even less in your
little hair-splitting rectification. Memorial Day, Veteran's
Day.... there can never be too many observances in honor of those who
have defended our country and it's damn petty to take someone to task
over such a minor distinction.

nb

Memorial Day is about how stupid the Civil War was, and, by logical
extension, how stupid all wars are. I'd honor the veterans more if
they'd quit obeying illegal orders.