Old May 30th 10, 09:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default OT- To all ...

On 2010-05-30, dxAce wrote:

Thanks. However, this 'holiday' is not Veterans Day, but rather the Memorial
Day 'holiday', when we honour those who gave their lives in service to our
Country.

Veterans Day is November 11.

- People "who gave their lives in service to our country" were what?
- Not veterans cuz they didn't survive!? *Might be, but the fact they
- didn't survive means little in the big picture and even less in your
- little hair-splitting rectification. *Memorial Day, Veteran's
- Day.... there can never be too many observances in honor of those
who
- have defended our country and it's damn petty to take someone to
task
- over such a minor distinction. *
-
- nb

-wrt- People "who gave their lives in service to our country"

For a Nation 'at-War' Service goes beyond just
those who Served in Uniform {Our Veterans}.
Americas who were in the US Merchant Marine
and 'other' non-uniform services : Who Gave
Their Lives "In-Service" To Our Country.

-simply- Remember All Those Who Gave Their Lives
Protecting Our Freedoms.
God Bless Them One and All - amen ~ RHF

-and- Honoring All Those Who Service and Came
Home as Living Testaments to Those Who Did Not.
God Bless Them One and All - amen ~ RHF