Old June 1st 10, 05:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default SIBC Solomon Islands 5020v Khz - good this week

On Jun 1, 8:35*am, "D. Peter Maus" wrote:
On 6/1/10 01:31 , bpnjensen wrote:

The SIBC on 5020v (5019.96) has been a bit better than usual the last
several late nites at my QTH, especially after 0900z when they fade in
strongly enough to beat the Radio Rebelde splatter from 5 kHz upband -
may be worth a grab at your house too. *Try LSB or passband to slide
Rebelde aside. *Wrote a couple of reception reports for them this
week, we'll see what happens.

73 and Gud DX,
Bruce Jensen
California

* *Which rig are you using these days?

For toughest stuff, I use the Icom R75. For casual listening, almost
anything - the SX-190 or DX-160 are both fun. Occasionally the
DX-398. My main limitations are, and probably always will be, the
antenna and the location. Both are less than ideal, and can nevver be
much better. I will put up a higher antenna this summer, but in an RF-
noisy residential neighborhood, that will get me just so far...

Thanks for asking :-)

Bruce