Old June 1st 10, 08:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D. Peter Maus[_2_] D. Peter Maus[_2_] is offline

Default SIBC Solomon Islands 5020v Khz - good this week

On 6/1/10 12:43 , bpnjensen wrote:
On Jun 1, 10:35 am, "D. Peter wrote:

Also forgot to

mention, the preselector works well and seems to be modestly narrow,
but as I said, does not wipe clean the overloading experienced in the
evening.

Sounds like it would be a candidate for an RF Systems MTA.
Dramatically lower noise, and doesn't produce as robust an output to
the receiver for lower probability of overload.

IIRC, that antenna is similar in some respects to a Wellbrook? I have
been thinking about those aerials, just because my site noise level is
so high - but I'd hate to spend the $$$ just to have it not be a
significant improvement.

Similar in the sense that noise is low. The design is very much
different than the Wellbrook, and is a passive design. The Wellbrook
is active.

Well grounded, the MTA rocks at this location.