Old June 2nd 10, 06:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bruce in alaska Bruce in alaska is offline

Default twinlead tuning indicators

In article ,
Roy Lewallen wrote:

'Course I used to run out onto the runway at the Juneau airport to
retrieve ducks I'd shot. Bet you can't do that any more!

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Nope, you sure can't..... Years ago I was servicing an Alascom Alaska
Public Fixed Transmitter in Bethel that ran a Full Gallon on 2, 3, 5, &
8 MHz. The Operator I knew from a few years earlier, also was a Ham, and
was using one of the OLD Rhombics, From the WWII days, to work the West
Coast with 2 watts from a Northern Radio SSB Handheld Prototype on 40
meters. He was said to have the strongest Signal on the band as the sun
set each night. They just don't make antennas like those anymore.

--
Bruce in alaska
add path after fast to reply