Old June 2nd 10, 03:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Baron[_2_] Baron[_2_] is offline

Default What to use for an underground transponder?

Clint Alexander Inscribed thus:

Lower frequencies mean longer antenna. :-(

Typo/Brain-fart -- I meant "higher" frequency

We all have them. :-)

I think you need to do some more research. Its easier not to
re-invent the wheel.

I certainly do not wish to reinvent the wheel, but, I would like to
carve and sand my own wheel, though -- for commercial reasons.

I've no problem with that ! But you do need to look at what work has
already been done by other people and try to understand what problems
they have had to overcome in order to achieve their goal. Then analyse
what you need to do to achieve your goal.

I'm looking for the most lowest level of development that one could
start with given a humble work environment.

Most entrepreneurs start of with an idea and develop it with very little
resources. But you have to ask the right questions and more important
understand the answers.

Radio propagation through the earth is one of the most challenging
problems you could attempt to solve. You seem to be concentrating on
very low frequencies, fine if you can tolerate very very slow data
flows. I'm sure there are frequencies that will propagate through the
earth fairly easily, but getting to a point where a usable signal
occurs with reliable results isn't easy.

Maybe more information about what you are trying to achieve would help
to point you in a better direction.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.