Old June 2nd 10, 04:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Question about "Another look at reflections" article.

On Jun 2, 9:31*am, K1TTT wrote:
easy, maxwell's equations don't predict standing waves! *they are a
product of *superposition and the simplest instrumentation used since
they were first discovered.

Please correct me if I am wrong: If one starts with the (superposed)
standing wave equation, V(x,t) = A*sin(kx)*sin(wt), Maxwell's
equations seem to provide a perfectly valid result (not that I can
recognize perfection). Therefore, how do Maxwell's equations prove
that the component traveling waves necessarily possess a separate
existence? Again, a serious question from an engineer who considers
anything except a logical '0' or logical '1' to be broken. :-)
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com