Old June 2nd 10, 01:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Kevin W0KLH Kevin W0KLH is offline

Default Icom 706mkIIG Problem

I just reinstalled my Icom back into my vehicle after it being out for
several months, I was listening to 20 meters yesterday and tried to
get into a few of the pileups that were going on. A second or two in
keying up to ID my call, the radio shuts off. I also have developed
what sounds like a ground hum on VHF.

For an antenna I am using a Yaesu ATAS-100 with a AM-COM controller.
When tuning the antenna in, I get to very low SWR's on the meter, so I
don't think that it is a high SWR that is causing it. I have checked
all connections and they are tight, so any thing further I can check?

Thanks

Kevin
w0klh