Old June 2nd 10, 07:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
1hogrider 1hogrider is offline

Default Icom 706mkIIG Problem

On 6/2/2010 8:31 AM, Kevin W0KLH wrote:
I just reinstalled my Icom back into my vehicle after it being out for
several months, I was listening to 20 meters yesterday and tried to
get into a few of the pileups that were going on. A second or two in
keying up to ID my call, the radio shuts off. I also have developed
what sounds like a ground hum on VHF.

For an antenna I am using a Yaesu ATAS-100 with a AM-COM controller.
When tuning the antenna in, I get to very low SWR's on the meter, so I
don't think that it is a high SWR that is causing it. I have checked
all connections and they are tight, so any thing further I can check?

Thanks

Kevin
w0klh

Don't know if you have the head remoted or not. If so, the instructions
are very clear about grounding of the plug on the back of the control
head, or something that effect.

Andy W4KDN

--
Two most common elements in the universe- Hydrogen & Stupidity