Old December 18th 03, 12:29 AM
Skipp wrote in

The guy with the flash camera idea is on track. Audio Express Magazine had
a writeup on them a few months ago, as did Nuts and Volts some years back.
I reverse engr'd a Fuji camera and it's just like the AE Mag circuit.

Circa 1976, I made a simple two transistor oscillator, which ran off a 1.5
volt battery that connected across a reversed filament transformer, lite a
neon bulb for weeks. I'm sure it would really honk with 9 volts DC chop
input.

cheers
skipp

http://sonic.ucdavis.edu

: KD7TOG wrote:
: OK, here's a challenge to you guys ... I have been trying to ID a IC /
: inductor combination to generate 150 to 200 VDC ... in the nano-microamp
: range. I need to supply a bias voltage to an electrostatic microphone
: element.

: Any ideas ??

: Wish list:

: Very low current ... 2ma ;-)
: Runs from 5 to 9 volt DC source
: Minimal components

: Most of the specs I find for HV units ( backlight supplies ) are too much
: current. Most of the inductor type DC-DC converters seem geared towards low
: voltage high current apps.

: Will watch the discussion for tips and ideas ... all welcome.

: Thanks

: Tony, KD7TOG

: ( KD7TOG at earthlink dot net )