Old June 3rd 10, 05:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Plate Resistance

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 20:17:41 -0700 (PDT), walt wrote:

And even though 'real',
Rp is non-dissipative, and therefore does not dissipate any power

Hi Walt,

The physical plate is in series with the load, the physical plate
conducts the current in the load, the physical plate and the load both
dissipate equal amounts of heat. I would presume the load is a
physical resistor just as the physical plate is a resistor.

Is that load resistor dissipating power?

For your logic to be consistent, then the dummy load does not
dissipate power, because it dissipates heat identical in amount and by
the same physical, atomic process as steel.

If you are saying the physical plate is not a "carbon" resistor, then
that is exceedingly specific and wholly original requirement that I
doubt you could cite any authority demanding. It would exact that only
the metal carbon qualifies and the metal steel does not when it comes
to source resistance.

As I already know that there are no references available for you to
cite, and this unique qualification is original to you, as your
hypothesis you have to defend it with data.

Where to begin?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC