Old June 3rd 10, 07:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Plate Resistance

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 19:01:17 -0700 (PDT), walt wrote:

On the other hand,
if you wish to consider the source resistance at the input of the
network, then it's 1400 ohms, not somewhere between 5k and 15k ohms.

Hi Walt,

If I simply look at the spec sheet for the 6146, and note that in
push-pull it has a plate-to-plate Load Resistance of 3600 Ohms to 6050
Ohms (depending upon many variables); and if I simple reconfigure the
two tubes from series to parallel; then the Load Resistance falls
somewhere in the range of 900 Ohms to 1500 Ohms.

I am having a hard time trying to tease out how you would explain that
the plates do not dissipate their half of the power when your numbers
demonstrate every conventional expectation of literal and physical
source resistance.

Do you have data for the peak-to-peak voltage swings at the grid and
plate for the final?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC