Old June 7th 10, 08:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
VK2KC VK2KC is offline

Default Carbon Fibre

I have just read an article regarding an AR Op using a carbon fibre fishing
rod to make a 12 foot mobile antenna for mobiling.

My question is, does carbon fibre absorb RF?

The operator has wound 5.2 metres (approx 17 feet) of insulated house wiring
in a helical fashion around the rod. He uses an SG-237 tuner as well.

If indeed that carbon fibre is conductive, and he claims he is getting
outstanding results whilst operating stationery mobile, then what is
happening?

I would appreciate comments.
73.
John