Old June 7th 10, 11:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Peter Peter is offline

Default Carbon Fibre

Put some in a microwave oven and see if it gets warm.
Don't tell the wife!

Cheers

Peter VK6YSF

http://members.optushome.com.au/vk6ysf/vk6ysf/main.htm

"VK2KC" wrote in message
I have just read an article regarding an AR Op using a carbon fibre fishing
rod to make a 12 foot mobile antenna for mobiling.

My question is, does carbon fibre absorb RF?

The operator has wound 5.2 metres (approx 17 feet) of insulated house
wiring in a helical fashion around the rod. He uses an SG-237 tuner as
well.

If indeed that carbon fibre is conductive, and he claims he is getting
outstanding results whilst operating stationery mobile, then what is
happening?

I would appreciate comments.
73.
John