Old June 7th 10, 11:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen Roy Lewallen is offline

Default what happens to reflected energy ?

Wimpie wrote:
. . .
I expect such scheme in combination with VSWR measurement also, as
several PAs have a reverse power indicator present (the other half of
a the Bruene circuit). You need the reverse power indication to avoid
destroying active devices and/or intermodulation distortion due to
voltage saturation.
. . .

Yes, I was referring to the operating region at which normal power is
maintained. As you pointed out, rigs employing this method will only
maintain the same "forward" power over some range of SWR beyond which
they'll begin reducing it, otherwise they'd self-destruct in the
attempt. In the reduced power region, the apparent 50 ohm output
impedance of course no longer holds.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL