Old June 9th 10, 08:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy Owen Duffy is offline

Default Where does it go? (mismatched power)

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote in
:

Geoffrey,

I have bad news for you, your post is based heavily on misconceptions,
archetypal ham myths even.

I wrote a short article entitled "A simple VSWR analysis without mirrors"
at http://vk1od.net/blog/?p=1259 , which analyses a mismatched line example
without resorting to dodgy concepts often (and almost exlusively) employed
by hams. The article does deal with why there is a reflected wave, and the
result of that reflected wave on line loss and transmitter loading.

IMHO, you would do best by starting with a reputable text book, and
studying the topic. Certainly, the S/N ratio in ham forums is low, 'facts'
seem to be determined by vote, and your wrong concepts are more likely to
be reinforced than seriously challenged.

Owen