Old June 10th 10, 08:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Question about "Another look at reflections" article.

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 21:45:05 -0700 (PDT), lu6etj
wrote:

PS: Yes Richard I live outside of Buenos Aires city. I hope you have
been welcome on your visit to Argentine... and... what do you think of
our beautiful girls, ah? ;D

Ah! Cherchez la femme. We did a lot of walking around town (stayed
in the Emperador across from Estación Retiro) and there were certainly
crowds of them on Av (Calle?) Florida and along Av 9 de Julio (24
lanes of traffic as I remember with trying to cross from the Opera
house Teatro Colón). In the back of my mind was that Buenos Aires
enjoys the world's highest pedestrian death rate. One large truck
replaced it horn with the sound of someone screaming. (The memories
are starting to flood back.)

It was strange to see Spanish headlines about the capture of Saddam
Husein in his spider hole. An out-of-America experience much like the
evening when I was standing on the quay in Acapulco, waiting for the
Liberty launch back to my ship, and a wave of talk spread through our
group that Nixon had just resigned.

However, returning to pretty girls, when I was in Caracas ten years
ago, I was told the poor lived up in the hills that surround the city
like a fish bowl and the girls got plenty of exercise climbing them.
Gave them Miss Universe figures.

As for Buenos Aires hospitality, too much food (huge steaks) at the
wrong hours. When we went to a restaurant at 9PM, it was like we were
arriving for high tea. How gauche of us. Later, we were satisfied to
enjoy empanadas in the late afternoon and call it dinner. We also
took the train from Estación Constitución down to La Plata to see the
Catedral. Dinner nearby was Wiener Schnitzel. Enjoyed walking
through Recoleta (and seeing the cemetery). Also got out to Abasto to
see Carlos Gardel's neighborhood (love his Tango, his singing gets
better every year).

It was great!

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC