Old June 11th 10, 04:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
lu6etj lu6etj is offline

Default Question about "Another look at reflections" article.

On 25 mayo, 03:35, Richard Clark wrote:
On Mon, 24 May 2010 17:17:41 -0700 (PDT), lu6etj
wrote:

PSE, with the due respect and consideration toward you an the
distinguished colleagues and friends, Would you mind return to the
original question? (sorry if it is not this the most polite form to
ask it)

Hi Miguel,

I presume by "original question" you mean:

On Mon, 24 May 2010 13:06:19 -0700 (PDT), lu6etj wrote:

Absorb the reflected power or amortiguate the effects of variyng load
impedance?

The answer is YES.

Now, if you mean by absorb that all absorbtion results in heat, then
the answer is NO.

If you mean by absorb that all energy is combined in a load, then the
answer is YES.

The difference between YES and NO is the PHASE differences of the two
energies that are combined.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Hello folks. (I am learnig new greetings...)

Hi Cecil:
Yesterday I was making some calculations based in your article "An
energy Analysis of a Simple Ideal Source, Part:1 Zero Average
Interference"
I have checked your and Roy results using three methods: Mathematical
solution using the TL Zin obtained from clįssical formulas.
Spice simulation with equivalent lumping element resulting of the
above cited formulas, and Spice simulation with a RG8U TL loaded with
RL's of your and Roy examples..
In all cases results agree between different methods and with your
examples (I do.not want to seem pedantic with this last comment ;) )

For this discussion would be relevant the results corresponding to
sixth column of your article using a quarter wave line.
They a 0 - 8 - 22 - 50 - 88.9 - 128 and 200 W (190 W the last one
with Spice TL simulation).

Since the refflection coefficient has not changed, if I do not
misunderstood the premises, quarter wave line PRs do not seems agree
with the hipothesis of Pref adding in Rs with Pfor. I think that is
what Ro. Lewallen denote in his "Food for thought: Forward and reverse
power" example.
Frankly, I think there are somthing wrong in my interpretation because
you (all) should have already performed these checks. I remember you
have said something about that your work (article) was not finished
yet. I confess actually I have not yet entirely clear your differences
but I hope to capture it more accurately.

73 - Miguel LU6ETJ

PS: Hey Richard, I'm glad you liked our city, girls and steaks :)
well you like Gardel (me too) and I like so much your old and classic
jazz music. Billie Holiday... she is one of my favorites.
A friend of me living in Caracas now tell me the gift of fifteen for
girls consists of the operation to put silicones. must be very
dangerous for heart patients, a lot more dangerous than Buenos Aires
street traffic ;)
(SRI, I can not translate = "waiting for the Liberty launch back to
my ship", give me a hand PSE)