Old June 10th 10, 11:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Twitchell Twitchell is offline

Default Car radio whip antenna question

In article ,
Gregg says...

On Jun 10, 3:55=A0pm, Twitchell wrote:
I've seen some car radio whip antennas that look like they have a wire wr=

apped
around them. =A0The wraps are not close but lazily spiral down the length=

of the
antenna.

Does this help reception? =A0Is the coil attached somehow to the car or j=

ust the
antenna itself?

twitch

Hmm, I've never seen that. I have seen the radio whips that have wire
around them but they are then encased in plastic, like some CB
antennas are.

That's what I'm talking about...they're encased (sometimes) in plastic.