Old June 11th 10, 10:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
lu6etj lu6etj is offline

Default Question about "Another look at reflections" article.

On 11 jun, 11:06, Cecil Moore wrote:
On Jun 10, 10:04*pm, lu6etj wrote:

For this discussion would be relevant the results corresponding to
sixth column of your article using a quarter wave line.
They a 0 - 8 - 22 - 50 - 88.9 - 128 and 200 W (190 W the last one
with Spice TL simulation).

I'm sorry, Miguel, using a "quarter wave line" is a mistake. You
should be using a *lossless 1/8WL line. The results in my article are
based on a 1/8WL (45 deg) lossless line, NOT on a 1/4WL (90 deg) line.
*Please re-run your Spice simulation using a 1/8WL line* and report
back to us. When the line is 1/8WL long, the reflected wave arrives
back at Rs 90 degrees out of phase with the forward wave and cos(90) =
0, so the interference term is zero and all the reflected power is
dissipated in the source resistor. For the special case where
cos(A)=0, i.e. the interference term is zero, the power density
equation reduces to: Prs = Pfor + Pref + 0

Nowhere in my article did I use a 1/4WL line so please don't say that
your Spice results disagree with my chart. It is perfectly
understandable that your 1/4WL results do not agree with my 1/8WL
results.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

Yes it is OK I am not saying your article use 1/4, In a previous post
I said with 1/8 lambda TL, results support your idea of Pref
dissipating on Rs (is correct my interpretation of your idea?).
Yesterdey I posted results calculated for a 1/4 lambda TL to comparing
both ponting to 1/4 lambda results did not agree with a Pref
dissipating on RS.
Then, I thought you are not intending generalize the very common
notion of.Pref returnig to generator but seem to me you are
hypothesizing there are different mechanisms dealing with Pref
depending of the line length. Is It OK?

(Meanwhile I will take a look at the new thread to look if I can find
exactly what is the heart of this question ;) )

73 - Miguel - LU6ETJ

PS: Thanks Richard, I would not have guessed it without your help.
Really a very interesting electronics job! I'm glad you're interested
in our films.. Of course here I grew up with the ubiquitous Hollywood
movies and I am very familiar with it and his old and popular TV
series. Before I go to bed this early morning I visited your QTH vía
Google streets panoramic photographies. Also I saw David -K1TTT-
watching his computer screen via his robotic webcam. I shake hands in
front of my PC monitor to greet him but did not see me :D