Old June 11th 10, 10:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Question about "Another look at reflections" article.

On Jun 11, 4:11*pm, lu6etj wrote:
Then, I thought you are not intending generalize the very common
notion of.Pref returnig to generator but seem to me you are
hypothesizing there are different mechanisms dealing with Pref
depending of the line length. Is It OK?

Yes, a 1/8WL line is a *SPECIAL CASE* where zero interference exists.
In the power density equation:

Ptot = P1 + P2 + 2*SQRT(P1*P2)*cos(A)

if A = 90, then cos(A) = 0 and there is no interference term and no
interference. When you go to a 1/4WL line, it is no longer a special
case where cos(A)=0 and I have not published anything on my web page
about that condition.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com