Old June 13th 10, 01:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Fry Richard Fry is offline

Default "Non-dissipative Source Resistance"

On Jun 12, 7:30*pm, Richard Clark wrote:

Deja Vu all over again. *I suppose you posted this to inspire me to,
once again, remind you from Mendenhall's own notes about Class C
amplifier construction - and so I will: ...

If you believe by your understanding of the clips you quoted from
Mendenhall that a conventional, single vacuum tube Class C r-f
amplifier provides a functional termination of 50+j0 ohms for energy
applied to the output connector of the transmitter, then please
explain why that termination allows such signals to reach the plate of
the PA tube -- whose non-linear characteristics created the
_measured_ r-f intermodulation products and other performance data
given in the Mendenhall paper I quoted.

RF