Old June 13th 10, 03:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Krypsis[_2_] Krypsis[_2_] is offline

Default Why Solder the Ends of Stranded Antenna Wire ?

On 13/06/2010 10:26 PM, Brian Gregory [UK] wrote:
wrote in message
Never heard of such a thing. I use insulators at each end, and in the
old days I used a neon bulb or a 12V tail light bulb as a bleed off. I
went to gas discharge tube arrestors a long time ago. The 12V bulb made
a really nice light show on winter days when the wind was really going.

What kind of buld exactly is a "12V tail light bulb"?

An automotive 12 volt, 5 watt bulb (globe) with (usually) a bayonet
fitting. You can get bulbs that have dual filaments, one filament for
tail lights, the other for brake or indicator lights. The
brake/indicator light filament has a higher wattage rating (21 - 25
Watts) so the bayonet typically has staggered locating pins. This
prevents the higher wattage rating being used as the tail light filament.

http://www.eziautoparts.com.au/light...or-globes.html

New technology is seeing the incandescent bulbs being superseded by LED
arrays.

Krypsis