Old December 19th 03, 02:56 PM
Bruce Kizerian

Roy Lewallen wrote in message ...
People here have recently mentioned tubes intended for portable
operation, with plate voltages of around 20 volts. Much more common are
tubes intended for running from mains-powered supplies. These mostly
require plate voltages that can be lethal. You should consider this when
designing kits for kids.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

That's is one of the reasons why a 9 volt battery is probably the
highest potential you will seen in my kits. The manuals I write are
full of precautions about soldering, erecting antennas, etc....but NO
high voltages...

But I still remember the jolt I got as a kid which caused me to drop a
heavy chassis on my toe...How did WE survive?

Bruce kk7zz
www.elmerdude.com