Old June 14th 10, 09:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Fry Richard Fry is offline

Default "Non-dissipative Source Resistance"

On Jun 13, 5:44*pm, Richard Clark wrote:
*All products that
Mendenhall shows in the illustration titled "RF spectrum showing
distortion products" are 30dB down...

The relevant illustration applying to the generation of r-f
intermodulation from external signals was linked in my original quote
from Mendenhall's paper on this subject in this thread, which link I
repeat below.

It shows that the "tunrnaround loss" for external signals 0.8 MHz
offset from the carrier is as little as 5 dB, just as I posted.

By limiting limiting your understanding to the performance of an r-f
amplifier having no external influences you are missing the point of
the Mendenhall paper I referred to.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h8.../TAL_Chart.gif

RF