Old June 14th 10, 06:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Why Solder the Ends of Stranded Antenna Wire ?

On Jun 13, 4:42*pm, dave wrote:
wrote:
Article I read in a motorbike magazine back in the 1970s.Somebody said
in that article to not solder the wires.He said that makes them brittle
and vibration can make them fail.I believe in soldering them, meself.
cuhulin

- Do not tin wires that you are going to crimp.

- Do not "double strike" when you crimp.

Crimping is a matter of 'style'
and the Double Strike {Crimping Twice}
often Crimps Your Style

say man don't be crimping my style dude ~ RHF