Old June 15th 10, 07:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal M. O'Nella Sal M. O'Nella is offline

Default BNC connectors 75 Ohm versus 50 Ohm?

"Gaius" wrote in message
In article ,

Cables can pull out,
given a bit of a tug. I use solder/clamped connectors and always solder
the braid to the clamping sleeve. Never had a failure.....

After I got out of the Navy, I worked as a Marine Electrician, installing
equipment on Navy ships. My foreman told me that it is rarely done, but the
Navy can perform a Quality Assurance "pull test" of 25 lbs on a connector.
I think that's a lot of pull for a connector to withstand.