Old June 16th 10, 10:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Gregg Gregg is offline

Default No response needed

On Jun 16, 12:05*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
On Jun 16, 8:59*am, "amdx" wrote:

wrote in message

I Want our Gulf of Mexico Back, the Way it used to be!

To HELL!!! WITH BP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cuhulin

* Do you have a replacement for oil that will work for all Americans
so they can get to work tommorrow? Can you supply the demands
of indusry tomorrow without Oil?
BP is a 100,000 workers, and many more in smaller companies that
sell goods and services to support their industry. There are millions
of retires depending on the dividends paid quarterly by BP for the income.
*There were a few people that made poor decisions that 99%
of the time would have never been noticed. This time things
conspired and we have an accident that is huge.
*Blame government, this all started in the 70s, we should have started
seriously looking for alternatives then.
*Also look at the environmentalists and NIMBYs that pushed BP
50 miles of shore in 5000 ft of water. Bp would much rather be in 200 ft
off water where this would have been fixed in two days.
* * You may "feel" Bp should go to hell, but clearly you have not done any
logical
analysis of the situation and the effect that bankrupting BP will have.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Mike

It DID happen in the 1970's - Jimmy Carter tried with his might to
urge alternative solutions; his successor, starting in 1980, took
alternative energy off the table and effectively shelved it for almost
30 years. *We, the American people, never should have let this happen
- but wealth and comfort can make people lazy and overlook the needs
of the future.

I should have pushed harder. *Every day, every way. *This specific
issue is BP's responsibility, but the spill is my fault.- Hide quoted text -

If you believe the stories Bruce (and I do) there have been many
people and companies with the answer, only to be squashed like a bug
by big oil and the idiots on Capitol Hill lining their pockets. Just
my pennies worth.