Old June 24th 10, 07:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Kevin Alfred Strom Kevin Alfred Strom is offline

Default Sony ICF-SW7600gr Antenna Repair

FireArcherIIc wrote:
The antenna on my ICF-SW7600gr broke off inside the case. The rear
plastic holding the antenna in place weakened and snapped. I would like
to replace the Antenna with a short wire and clip to attach to other
antennas. Which solder point should I connect the lead wire to. There
are three places where the old antenna plate made contact. One was near
the AM bar antenna, and two were toward the side of the circuit board.
Thank you for any assistance.

I have no familiarity with that receiver, but, just in case the
antenna plate was being used to connect those points together, you
might want to connect them together with wires at the same time you
attach the clip lead.

With all good wishes,

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--