Old June 28th 10, 02:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Gregg Gregg is offline

Default A *Blast* From The Past Part 2 Bryant Busted 10-13-01

On Jun 28, 9:08*am, "D. Peter Maus" wrote:
On 6/28/10 07:30 , Gregg wrote:

The crap he spewed forth was stuff
(if true- which I doubt knowing him now) about Brenda Ann and Lawrence
and Strom and the guy (I forget who) who lost a leg/and or legs

* *That was me. Traffic incident in 1986. Hit and run over. Broke
off my left leg. Reattached in Trauma. And some 40 surgeries later,
it sort of works. Also broke my back in that incident.

* *On a good day, I don't limp. On a bad day I can't walk without a
cane.

* *But that was 1986. And this is 2010. I spend more time with my
radios...or working...than I do devoting time to my injuries.

* *The only real problem I have is when shooting all day with a long
lens. That's when I have back trouble.

* *Other than that, it is what it is.

I didn't have a clue what he meant till later in that thread when Mark
Holden (great guy IMO) mentioned in post #56 or around there that
Michael was "taking poke" at some unfortunate guy who "lost his lower
extremeties".

* *Mark Holden is a class act.

* *Take some advice, straight up and out in the open: This is
USENet. There's a lot of information here. And a lot of personal
noise. Don't let the personal noise get in the way of the useful
information.

* *It's like a car club: There's always a gossip whispering in the
shadows. There's always a carburetor expert. Always a fuel injection
expert. Always someone who builds transmissions. Always someone who
does valve jobs. And always a know it all who can effect repairs
without replacing parts. And the carb guy and the injection guy are
always arguing with each other. The gossip is always slamming
someone behind everyone's back, setting newcomers at the throats of
the old timers, while claiming innocence in any of the conflicts.

* *But, it's a club. People are there for common goals, with common
interests. They learn from each other. Bond with each other, and
some become friends.

* *The noise is just part of background.

* *Here in RRS? *Join the discussion. Make friends, or not. Learn.
Teach. Share experiences. Let the noise be part of the background.

* *Eventually, you'll know who you can filter out without loss of
content.

Peter - I am so sorry. I didn't have a clue, really I didn't. I hope
you can sense my truthfullness when I say that.shaking my head As
usual, a well spoken post by yourself. I just wished now....that I had
known it was you he was talking about.:-( What a prick.

Though I understand your take on usenet, it's a shame it's like that.
IMO, you've always been one of the nicest/classiest guys in this group
and to now know he was speaking of you....if he could have sank any
lower in my eyes....he just did. I won't forget that. It speaks
volumes of you that you are as nice as you are in the face of someone
like that. Thanks for the response Peter.