Old June 29th 10, 08:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Rob[_8_] Rob[_8_] is offline

Default Help? I need inductor value or schematic for Uniden BC 50XLscanner....thanks

Huck wrote:

Hello. New poster here. I have a Uniden BC 50xl scanner (low-end, 10
channel). I am new to the hobby, but have some electronic repair
experience.

There is an inductor connecting the antenna (center conductor of the
ant. BNC) to the main PCB. It has been destroyed and rendered
unidentifiable in my unit. It was a mechanical failure (the component
separated and lost the color coded paint).

Might someone have a circuit diagramme for this unit? Alternatively,
if anyone has one of these units, would you please open your unit and
tell me the color code or value for this inductor?

Much thanks.....................-huck

It is unlikely that there is an inductor at that point.
It probably is a capacitor.

How did you identify it as an inductor? Is there lots of wire in it?