Old December 24th 03, 01:32 AM
John Miles

In article ,
says...
Hello,
I'm looking to rig up a cheap way
to monitor the local repeater without having to invest in a complete
transceiver.

I've just gotten into VHF ham radio (HF is more familiar to me). I'm not too
strong in making radio receivers, but I made VCO's, so I have some homebrew
skills:-)
I need a 2m receiver circuit, with good selectivity and stable frequency.
I've seen some easy to build circuits with good performance on Motorola
IC's, but I can't find that circuit in my country. Well in my country there
is a bit difficult to buy any kit or specific parts, so I will do everything
from parts I could find at local radio shack store.

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Edgar
73!

Look at the chips in the Philips SA604AD/SA605AD line. They're great
for FM receiver construction.

-- jm

http://www.qsl.net/ke5fx
Note: My E-mail address has been altered to avoid spam