Old July 2nd 10, 07:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Nick[_4_] Nick[_4_] is offline

Default We are spys

On 02/07/2010 11:59, Just Plain Burr wrote:
Short-wave radios were once relatively common in homes. Today, they're a bit
of a giveaway if the FBI already suspects you

Well if you have a manually memory driven receiver then it might be
difficult to make "things stick".

However if you use a PC / software to control your receiver then you
might be vulnerable to "So we find you listen to the BBC World Service
on Shortwave. Why would you want to do this as an American citizen?"
type of questioning.

Stock answer "because I want to learn true English and the BBC is
recognised as a word wide accepted source for true English broadcasting."

I'm now going to duck, run and hide before I get .... .... ....