Old July 3rd 10, 12:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default RNZI on 6170 @ 0730 UTC

On Jul 3, 1:09*am, Mike wrote:
NEW ZEALAND. 6170, RNZI, Rangitaiki, at 0730 UTC, in
English on July 3. Program of retro music with frequent
ID's. One song was "Those Were the Days". Propagating
very strongly this morning. Coming in like a local on
three different receivers - Sony ICF-2010, Eton E5, and
Grundig G3 - only using the bulit-in antenna rods on all
three. (Mike Bryant, Louisville, KY)

- Disclaimer for Lare and Gregg - I am obviously not
- claiming this as DX, just noting propagation with a
- log....so save you petty attacks!

MWB here I thought that "DX" meant 'Distance'

Distance from Auckland NZ to Louisville KY
Distance is 13148 KiloMeters
-or- 8171 Miles
-or- 7100 Nautical Miles

roughly a 1/3 of the way around the world
sure do sound like 'dx' to me ~ RHF