Old July 4th 10, 05:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Gregg Gregg is offline

Default WLS - Jake Hartford

On Jul 3, 11:24*pm, "D. Peter Maus" wrote:
On 7/3/10 09:37 , dxAce wrote:

" wrote:

On Jul 3, 6:52 am, *wrote:
On Jul 3, 9:29 am, *wrote:

I just heard on WLS (890 Chicago) that Jake Hartford will be hosting the Roe
Conn Show on Monday, 5 July, from 2 PM to 6 PM CDT.

That should be interesting!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ugh, I can't get it - I don't think. :-( I get 880 but not 890.

Maybe if I fire up the Hammarlund, but I couldn't find 880 on my
inside radios with no external antennas.
Wow! *He is bragging about thiis great DX catch!

Did I say or state that it was a 'great DX catch', clown 'tard?

Successfully
receiving a 50kw clear channel station about 100 miles away across
Lake Michigan. *Very impressive. *No wonder he has to resort to self-
appointed titles proclaiming his expertise!

No expertise required, **** head, I just turn the radio on.

Please, think before you post.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

* Truth is, with the noise around here, you often get WLS better
than I do.

I know. It didn't make sense yesterday, I can get 890 - but for some
reason yesterday something was going on. I don't know. But I can hear
it right now just like WLW, go figure. {?}