Old July 4th 10, 04:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default coax short supply

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , Ralph Mowery
writes

We were just wondering if the one big supplier close by was the only one
having trouble getting coax.

Maybe the quantities of coax being manufactured these days is being
affected by the increasing demand for optical fibre?

Could be. While I would think it would take a differnat plant to make the
OF, maybe not as much coax is used and some plants have shut down making the
coax. Hard telling how many miles of coax was made for cable TV/internet
and computer connections that are now going to the OF.