Old July 5th 10, 10:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mike[_2_] Mike[_2_] is offline

Default (OT) Golden Come-Along Award 2010

On Jul 5, 2:36*pm, dxAce wrote:
What is the Golden Come-Along Award?

The Golden Come-Along Award is given to that individual who has been deemed to
have had his/her head stuck so far up their ass during the previous year that
it would require the assistance of a come-along to pull it out.

This year's recipient is of course Michael W. Bryant, representing Louisville,
Kentucky, who really had a late start, but certainly edged the Canucks out
with his special brand of faux PhD fakery.

Congratulations Michael, what a stellar performance!

The Canucks, valiantly vied for first place honours, but in typical dumbass
Canuck fashion, couldn't cut the mustard.

Better luck next year, CanaDuh!

Thanks to all the participants who took place in this years awards!

Go ahead, Steve, you can't even make me mad, today!
I had a great Fourth attending the free concert, yesterday,
at Louisville's Waterfront. Three awesome acts were
there - Bettye LeVett, Arrested Development, and
Michael Franti & Spearhead. three acts which
coincidentally which all played at Obama's inauguration.
The crowd was huge, somewhere between 150 to 200
thousand. It was a great time being with a huge multiethnic
crowd, where everyone got along and went wild every
time Obama's name was mentioned. Franti saw me
boogeying with my walker (used since the stroke),
jumped a fence and came over and danced with me.
Then he did a song out in the audience standing just
a few feet from my daughter, her friend, and I. I'm
recovering today from the heat (Heat Index was 108!),
but not even YOU can dent my mood.

All I got is love in my heart for you, Steve.

Mike