Old July 7th 10, 07:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default V antenna paterns

Over the years I have seen many patterns for horizontal dipoles and the
inverted V antennas,but do not recall seeing any V shaped patterns in the
books. That is a dipole that is supported on the ends, but sag in the
middle. I know the sag is needed to some extent because of the weight of
the wire and feedline, but what happens to the pattern if it is say 1/2
wavelength or 1/4 wavelengths at the ends and the sag in the middle is
changed. Maybe drop it a few feet, then 10, 15 and 20 feet for 80 meters.

I know that for maximum distance you usually want the high current portions
up high,but maybe it will be better as a close in or omnidirectional antenna
if the center is lowered somewhat.