Old July 12th 10, 12:48 AM posted to rec.knives,rec.radio.shortwave,soc.culture.thai,alt.cooking-chat,rec.scuba
Anonymouse Anonymouse is offline

Default Lack of cultural awareness ? Or just stupidity...

On 7/12/2010 7:06 AM, nurk_fred2000 wrote:
In true Distinguish Troll Society fashion Cheesy Bob sends over to the
Hillside Condos in Chaing Mai a Colon Detox Kit (unwrapped no less)
for delivery to resident Steve Kombat Kraven Kramer...As reiterated by
DTS member Larb the entire Staff got a good look at it as it sat at
the front desk prior to delivery and all of them had sh%t eatin grins
on their faces...I'm laughing so hard I'm crying :-)...Would have
loved to been a fly on the wall to see this fiasco...No wonder Kombat
had the "Hershey Squirts" at the Police Station on Arrest Day," it was
the Detox Kit Sir, not my fault"..:-)

Just a friendly suggestion before you dig yourselves in any deeper.
We've watched you giggling about this for some weeks now, and even I
can't let you do this to yourselves any longer.

I suggest that you learn a bit about Thai culture regarding Colon detox
before you embarrass yourselves further. It's offered at virtually every
expensive resort and spa in S.E. Asia, and they charge high prices for
it. Getting one for free? They'd think it was a nice gift from a friend.
They wouldn't giggle about it like western primary school children. Your
lack on knowledge about Asian culture is pathetic.

It is notable that Robert Johnson, a man who lived in Thailand for many
years, was able to live there and yet learn absolutely nothing about
Thai culture. I guess when they say 'he lived inside a bottle' they were
being quite accurate. He certainly didn't live inside the community.