Old July 12th 10, 09:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
amdx amdx is offline

Default direct conversion receiver Question

"amdx" wrote in message
In a direct conversion receiver, does the osc. run at
exactly the same frequency as the received signal?

Assuming the answer is yes;
Is it possible to have a high Q LC front end at the output from the
antenna,
split the signal and feed one output to the rf input of the mixer and feed
the other splitter output to an amplifier and use the amplified signal to
drive the osc input of the mixer?

Simple block diagram of proposed idea;
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/p...conversion.jpg

--
MikeK

Hi all,
I started my post writing about AMBCB and an example frequency of 1430 khz.
Then I rewrote it and skipped all that.
So from what I have gleened from the responses, I would need to feed the
1430 khz
into the IF mixer input to get the baseband audio.
I don't know what the advantage of this would be but the local osc would be
as
stable as the radio station. And no need to build an oscilator.
Any other feedback now that I'm talking AM BCB radio?
Mike