Old December 29th 03, 07:08 AM
Tom Bruhns

If you have access to old QSTs, you should be able to find articles
about measuring crystal parameters. Look especially for things by Wes
Hayward, W7ZOI. There's a fairly simple crystal-tester you can build
to measure enough parameters to extract equivalent L, Cs, Cp and R, I
believe. I 'spose someone will pop in with a more specific reference
for you.

Cheers,
Tom

"Virgil Smith" wrote in message news:3iNHb.504277$275.1417484@attbi_s53...
I have a bunch of oddball crystals that I want to test. I know I can just
build up a generic oscillator to find the
resonant frequency, but out of curiousity I would like to
know the quality of the things, too.

Anyone know of any neat ideas for measuring the Q of a
crystal?

I would welcome any and all suggestions,

-vs-