Old July 19th 10, 01:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob[_24_] Bob[_24_] is offline

Default how to cut whip of 2 meter antenna ?

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 13:58:14 -0400, "James"
wrote:

I need to "trim" the steel whip of a two meter antenna, and have not been
sucessful in finding an easy way to cut. Tried a vise-grip with its
close-in pinchers, and also tried a heavy duty pair of wire cutters, but no
go.

What common tool can be used to do this ? This steel whip sure is tough
!!

Thanks !!

73 de Jim K4PYT

To trim my dual-bander, way back when, I recall using a metal file
with a fine edge.

bob
k5qwg