Old July 19th 10, 01:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Alan WA4SCA[_3_] Alan WA4SCA[_3_] is offline

Default how to cut whip of 2 meter antenna ?

Jim,

It cuts a lot like glass rod. A Dremel is probably the most
civilized way to do it, but I use a small file to cut a shallow notch.
Then, I use a vise or other hard surface to support the long section,
placing the nick right at the edge. A smart blow with a small hammer
will break it off. Use the file to remove the burrs, and off you go.
It requires a bit of practice to get it right, but it works perfectly,
at gets you some appropriate street creds with newer hams.

--
Alan
WA4SCA