Old July 25th 10, 02:58 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
homepc[_2_] homepc[_2_] is offline

Default 800 MHz angle antenna BNC connection

"John Szalay" john.szalay.at.att.net wrote in message
42...
"homepc" wrote in
:

I got a GRE P/N: 30-0028 800 MHz rubber angle antenna included when I
ordered my PSR 500 scanner on EBay. The extra antenna was a freebie
thrown in with the sale. The problem is that it will only screw on
halfway. The stock OEM antenna fits perfectly. But this folding
antenna will only screw on halfway just a little shy of the point
where the antenna base pins would normally drop into place. It
doesn't matter if I push down on the antenna while screwing it on, it
just won't fit.

Is this a common problem or just a one off exception? I was thinking
of selling it, but I don't want to pass on my problem to someone else.

three things that can cause that on a BNC connector, a bent center pin
or dirt in the wave washer within the 1/4 turn collar. or
dirt or debris up in the 1/4 turn collar itself..

Can this be cleaned in some way? The collar seems to be locked on the
antenna.