Old July 27th 10, 09:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Antonio Vernucci Antonio Vernucci is offline

Default Poor ART-13 performance on 80 meters

Should you be interested to know it, I finally found a very good match on 80
meters putting an external 2000pF capacitor in parallel to the antenna. Switch
position is no. 6.

Tnx Paul W2EC for hint.

73

Tony I0JX

"Antonio Vernucci" ha scritto nel messaggio
Kenneth & Thierry

thanks for your answers.

I have found many articles on the web (including the Surplus Conversion
Manuals), but nowhere I found a clear statement that the ART-13 cannot work on
80 meters with a 50-ohm antenna (and that a modification is therefore
necessary).

At present, my main concern is to ascertain whether my particular ART-13 has
got a problem (I hate to have radios that are not perfectly functional), or
instead all ART-13s do not work on 80 meters - by their design - with a 50-ohm
antenna.

In the second case, I will just give it up and use - on 80 meters - one of the
many other AM radios I have.

Same conclusion for 10 meters (I have seen that complex modification, but it
may perhaps be worthwhile for those having just a single radio).

73

Tony I0JX

"Thierry_S" ha scritto nel messaggio
r...
Le 26/07/2010 00:27, Kenneth Scharf a écrit :
Check on the ARRL website and search the QST back issue index for
articles from the late 40's through early '60s and you should find some
articles on the ART13.

Hi folks, Antonio,

you can download the three volumes of the Surplus Conversion Manuals he

http://www.mines.uidaho.edu/~glowbugs/SurpConv.html

Hope this helps,

Thierry