Old July 27th 10, 06:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D. Peter Maus[_2_] D. Peter Maus[_2_] is offline

Default William "Bill" Cooper & The Hour of the {Our} Time

On 7/27/10 11:58 , Drifter wrote:
On 7/26/2010 5:05 PM, D. Peter Maus wrote:

Glad you enjoyed the Chicago cuisine. But there's so much of it, how the
hell do you walk?

Peter, ya gotta watch out for us biker types. it was a little wet, but
in all a great ride. I always liked Chicago. it's come a long way from
the early 60's. lots of culture, great eateries, nice people. old family
friends, out side of Cicero, the Parkinsons. one of those giant tomato
farms out there. eleven hundred acres plus. got to visit from child
hood. they really turned me on to the city back then. as I said, great
place to spend some time.

Cicero, huh? Then you were in a good place to pick up a little
bit of SW Radio history. At 5th and Kostner is a building...it's a
warehouse now...but the lazy H is still on the gable. It's the final
House of Halligan, where Hallicrafters radios were born.

back to the subject at hand. back during my youth, Pitt and Carnegie-
Tech, I worked summers at U.S.Steel and Westinghouse. this was before
i realy got out, into the world. and the war. I worked with all types
of people, which is a great way to start out in life. the one thing
I noticed, was who came last. each people will gang up on the new
guys. it could be Polish, German, English, whatever. whoever comes in
to the country last will suffer the most. different people will gang
up on the new guy. now, the black folk may not be new to the country,
but they were new to the North. and back then they were the last.
now it's Latino. and what do ya know, the blacks and the whites are
screaming about the brown people. now, i can get along with anyone,
even the devil himself; but I have trouble with the illegal's. I
hope that doesn't make me racist. I don't believe it does. if you
want to be here, do it right. get your visa, do the classes, become
a citizen. pay your taxes, and learn to get along with your fellow
Americans. I don't think that's too much to ask. but, please folks,
don't plaster an entire race, for the sins of a few.

No, it doesn't make you racist. But that arguement has long been
passed into irrelevance. If you oppose, that's the brand you will
carry.

You're right. Come here legally, and the welcome mat is out.

But come here illegally, and then have the bald faced audacity to
tie up traffic protesting the prosecution of these criminals, and
you're likely to find that you're not as welcome as you'd hope.

We're not in the minority in these beliefs. But that's not
politically correct thinking.

Well, tough ****.