Old July 28th 10, 02:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default (OT) Oil spill in Michigan,

wrote:
Am I the only one who remembers the old K - A - L - A - M - A - Z - O -
Ohhhhh,,,,,, I got a gal in Kalamazooooooo,,,,,,, song which dates back
to the 1950's/1960's? I used to hear it on a local yokal Jackson
backwater hick radio station wayyyyyy back then.Also, The Big Noise From
Winetka song too.Some people wayyyy down South are more Yankeefied than
them Yankees themselves.
cuhulin

Luckily I'm not old enough to remember "Big Bands"

I did cut my teeth playing MOR music on a 5,000 Watt daytimer, and an
occasional tune from that era was used to back time the top of the hour,
but nothing with vocals.