Old July 29th 10, 01:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob[_27_] Bob[_27_] is offline

Default Antenna Question: VHF or UHF, and a few general TV questions, please

ello,

Am in my 70's now, and frankly not all that sharp with antennas.
I figured someone here might be able to help me out.

Live about 25 miles due west of Boston.

Have an old fashioned analog TV in the kitchen (not on cable)
that this question relates to.

Some time ago, as you know, all the TV stations required one to get
a Converter box. Did so, and am using it with an old fashioned,
el-cheapo indoor antenna; the one with the rabbit ears, and a loop.

The Converter box feeds my analog TV.

Works "fairly well," but lots and lots of dropped signals.
Makes listening very unpleasant.

It has been recommended that I purchase a:
DB-2 antenna for about $ 35.00

This is shown in (please take a look):

HDTV Antennas

http://www.antennasdirect.com/store/...onf=55&slot=68

http://www.antennasdirect.com/store/...roductid=55DB2

Questions:

a. Are these new, converted, stations now transmitting in the vhf or
uhf ?

e.g., am I after a new, better, vhf or a uhf antenna ?

b. Do you think that this DB-2 would be worth trying ?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob