Old July 29th 10, 06:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Antenna Question: VHF or UHF, and a few general TV questions, please

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 08:16:42 -0400, Bob wrote:

Have an old fashioned analog TV in the kitchen (not on cable)
that this question relates to.

Hi Bob,

Good starting point.

Works "fairly well," but lots and lots of dropped signals.
Makes listening very unpleasant.

Only means you need to move your existing antenna HIGHER.

It has been recommended that I purchase a:
DB-2 antenna for about $ 35.00

If you want to spend $35 and mount it HIGHER, you can do that too.
[The implication here is you will probably need an external set-up any
way you look at it.]

If your rabbit ears need to be turned to capture the best signal, then
you may need to do this second option. Don't forget the expense of a
mast and cable/wire to go between things. If you still need to turn
the antenna, then you need a proper rotor and mast (with a bolt to the
side-of-the-house kit). Somehow, given your location I would suspect
all the major broadcasters would be on the same general beam heading.

Getting the antenna (whatever you choose) higher recovers from a lot
of ills.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC